If you’re someone who loves fresh juices and lemonades, you would’ve noticed many juice shops adding those chewy black and white seeds into your juices. Those are sabja seeds.
Also known as basil seeds, these tiny black seeds are packed with nutrients and properties that have been linked to fat burning and metabolism boosting.
In this blog, we will explore how does sabja seeds benefits weight loss and help you achieve your weight goals. We will look at their high fibre content, antioxidant properties, and other benefits that make them a powerful addition to any weight loss diet or regimen.
Keep reading to discover how you can easily add sabja seeds to your daily routine!
Health Benefits Of Sabja Seeds
Sabja seeds offer a range of health benefits that make them a valuable addition to your diet:
- Weight Management: Sabja seeds are rich in dietary fibre, which swells when exposed to water, promoting a feeling of fullness. This can help control appetite and reduce calorie intake, helping in weight management.
- Digestive Health: The fibre in sabja seeds aids digestion by preventing constipation and promoting regular bowel movements. They can also alleviate digestive discomfort.
- Hydration: When soaked in water, sabja seeds develop a gel-like coating, keeping you hydrated for longer periods, which is helpful during hot weather.
Suggested: Also check the 9 Rapid Weight Loss Side Effects To Know
- Nutrient-rich: These seeds contain essential nutrients, including iron, magnesium, and calcium, contributing to overall health and well-being.
- Antioxidant Properties: Sabja seeds contain antioxidants that help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. This can reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Blood Sugar Control: Some studies suggest that sabja seeds may help regulate blood sugar levels, making them potentially beneficial for individuals with diabetes.
- Cooling Effect: In traditional medicine, sabja seeds are believed to have a cooling effect on the body, making them a popular choice during the hot summer to alleviate heat-related issues.
- Skin Health: The vitamins and antioxidants in sabja seeds can contribute to healthier skin by promoting a radiant complexion and preventing signs of aging.
Suggested: Also check the 7 Benefits Of Nuts And Seeds For Weight Loss
- Anti-Inflammatory: Sabja seeds have anti-inflammatory properties, which may reduce inflammation in the body, thereby reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
It’s important to note that while sabja seeds offer these health benefits, they should be consumed in moderation and as part of a balanced diet.
If you have specific health concerns or conditions, it’s advisable to consult a healthcare professional before making significant dietary changes.
Nutritional Information Of Sabja Seeds
Here is the approximate nutritional information for a 1-tablespoon (about 13 grams) serving of dried sabja seeds:
- Calories: Around 30 calories
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 6-7 grams
- Dietary Fiber: About 5-6 grams
- Protein: About 1-2 grams
- Fat: Less than 1 gram
- Saturated Fat: Minimal
- Unsaturated Fats: Predominantly polyunsaturated fats, including omega-3 fatty acids
- Vitamins and Minerals: Sabja seeds contain small amounts of essential nutrients, including calcium, magnesium, iron, and potassium.
The high dietary fibre content in sabja seeds is one of their most notable features. This fibre swells when exposed to liquids, promoting a feeling of fullness and helping digestion.
Suggested: Also check the From Seeds to Sprouts: Exploring The Benefits of Sprouts For Weight Loss
Remember that the nutritional composition of sabja seeds can vary slightly depending on the source and growing conditions. While they offer several health advantages, consuming them in moderation is essential as part of a balanced diet to reap their benefits without excessive calorie intake.
How Do Sabja Seeds Benefits Weight Loss?
Sabja seeds are a powerful superfood that can encourage weight loss in several ways.
- One of the primary mechanisms is its high fibre content. With about 12 grams of fibre per quarter cup, sabja seeds help you feel full for longer by slowing down digestion. This keeps hunger and cravings at bay, preventing overeating.
- Sabja seeds are also effective for weight loss due to their antioxidant properties. They contain antioxidants like kaempferol and quercetin that help reduce inflammation in the body. Chronic inflammation is linked to weight gain. By lowering inflammation, sabja seeds help burn fat more efficiently.
- These tiny seeds also help boost metabolism when consumed. Some of the compounds in sabja seeds, like ferulic acid and rosmarinic acid, promote thermogenesis – the process of burning calories to produce heat. A higher metabolism means your body utilises energy and burns more fat, even at rest.
Suggested: Also check the How To Use Olive Oil For Weight Loss – A Ultimate Guide
- Additionally, sabja seeds may suppress appetite due to their effect on hormones linked to hunger, such as ghrelin and leptin. When eaten, they keep these hormones in check and prevent overindulgence in food.
All these effects of sabja seeds – high fibre, antioxidants, metabolism boost, and appetite control – work together to facilitate healthy and sustainable weight loss over time. Their myriad benefits make sabja seeds a powerful addition to any weight management plan.
3 Quick And Easy Weight Loss Recipes For Sabja Seeds
As discussed already, sabja seeds come with many health and, specifically, weight loss benefits. But soaking them in water or drinking them lemonade can be boring after a while.
So, to beat the boredom and make this nutrient powerhouse a staple in your diet, check out these three easy and quick recipes!
- Blend 1 cup of spinach, half a banana, a handful of berries, a teaspoon of sabja seeds, and some almond milk.
- This low-calorie smoothie is rich in nutrients and fibre, making it an excellent choice for a quick and healthy breakfast or snack.
Suggested: Also check the Is Dark Chocolate Good For Weight Loss? 9 Benefits To Know
2. Granola Bars
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (such as almonds, walnuts, or cashews), 2 tablespoons of sabja seeds, and 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup.
- Add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of vanilla extract for flavour.
- Press the mixture into a lined baking dish and flatten it evenly.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours until they turn firm and cut into bars.
- These sabja seed granola bars are packed with fibre, protein, and healthy fats, making them a perfect snack for weight loss.
Suggested: Also check the Weight Loss With Intermittent Fasting
3. Yoghurt Parfait
- Take a bowl of low-fat Greek yoghurt.
- Add a teaspoon of sabja seeds and mix well.
- Layer the yoghurt mixture with fresh berries and a drizzle of honey.
- This parfait is not only delicious but also provides a good dose of protein and fibre to keep you satisfied.
Each recipe takes only 5-10 minutes to make and is packed with sabja seeds’ weight loss boosting properties. You can make these recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even snacks. Try incorporating one into your daily meal plan for naturally enhanced weight loss.
Check out VeCura Wellness for a healthy and speedy weight loss procedure!
VeCura Wellness is a leading weight loss clinic in 8 locations in Tamil Nadu,
They offer a reliable and safe solution for weight loss, inch loss, and body contouring with a team of qualified experts. The services are customised for each individual’s needs, including body toning and reducing belly fat. You’ll receive ongoing guidance from experienced specialists throughout the process.
In addition to treatments, the clinic’s nutritionists and dietitians provide personalised meal plans tailored to your goals and lifestyle. This makes losing weight in a healthy way easy and comfortable.
In conclusion, sabja seeds are a powerful superfood that can be easily added to your diet to potentially boost weight loss results. Their high fibre content keeps you feeling full, while antioxidants combat inflammation and aid digestion.
Eating a tablespoon of sabja seeds daily can help increase metabolism, suppress appetite, and reduce binge eating – all of which help create a calorie deficit for weight loss.
Try incorporating soaked and drained sabja seeds into smoothies, salads, lassis, and more for a yummy yet healthy twist to your everyday diet!
Note: To explore more engaging content and stay connected, feel free to visit VeCura Wellness YouTube channel for exciting videos, insightful discussions, and much more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- When should I eat sabja seeds for weight loss?
Sabja seeds are best consumed after soaking a spoonful in a glass of water for around 15 minutes. You can soak them in normal water or lemon water, buttermilk, milk, or your preferred juice.
- Can you have sabja seeds every day?
Yes, incorporating sabja seeds into your daily routine can be highly beneficial for your health. In addition to being rich in plant-based omega-3 fatty acids and beneficial chemical compounds, sabja seeds are also high in fibre and a good source of minerals.
- Can I take sabja at night?
Yes, you can take sabja seeds at night with a glass of water or milk.
- Which is better, chia or sabja?
Sabja seeds are one of the best body coolants and an excellent source of iron, which fights acidity and eases constipation. Chia is a good source of omega 3, which helps regulate blood sugar and boosts energy and endurance.
- How many calories are in sabja seeds?
Two teaspoons of sabja seeds contain around 40 calories and are highly nutrient-dense.